Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

OTHER HAND UPS!

Part of your encouragement to me is hearing about how some of you are also spending part of your summer abroad involved in various worthy causes. My friends Doret and Vinh are organizing a trip to Nicaragua at roughly the same time that I'm heading off to New Zealand. They are also volunteering with Habitat For Humanity. It just goes to show that the problem of poverty housing exists everywhere! If you would like to find out more about this trip, shoot me an email. They are still looking for team members... To find out more about Habitat: CLICK HERE

I was reading an interesting article about nutrition (in my quest to improve my own eating habits to complement my training). The article emphasizes consuming food in its most natural state. The article suggests that you purchase items on the perimeter of the grocery store (the fresh produce, the meats) and stay away from the foods found in the middle (all the stuff found in boxes and cans). The article also suggests that more than 50% of our daily diet should be from fresh fruits and vegetables. To read this article, CLICK HERE



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?