Sunday, May 08, 2005

 

THE UPHILL RIDE OF PREPARATION

Thanks for checking out this update! It's amazing that once you share a cause that others see as worthy, the burden of seeing the initiative through is all of a sudden much easier! I am touched by how many people have given me encouragement through their words and deeds. This is truly not MY trip, but a journey that is shared by many. I'm honoured to be your ambassador in New Zealand!

Many know about my weakness in the water and have been asking me how that part of the training is going. My confidence is building and, on more than one occasion, I've been able to finish 800 metres without stopping. I believe that my body is learning how to "breathe" while in the water. I'm no longer anxious when there are others around me and even the occasional gulp of water doesn't phase me (mind you, a gulp of Lake Ontario water might be lethal!)

I found out that 2 of my NZ team members have dropped out, due to family issues. Our team leader is contemplating whether or not to find another 2 or just go with our current roster. Regardless, we are going to have an AMAZING time volunteering with Habitat.

Many thanks to those who have a keen eye for detail!! Thanks for noticing the spelling/grammar errors and sending them to me. For a while, I indicated that my swim target was 750 km!! I think not. But do continue to scrutinize the different parts of this site and...

- see when my flight leaves from Toronto (and on which flight I'm on): CLICK HERE
- know how many people live in New Zealand right now:
CLICK HERE
- check this out if you want to find out how to support me:
CLICK HERE

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?