Friday, June 24, 2005

 

GENUINE AIR OF GENEROSITY

I was at the end of a bike ride the other night when I noticed that my tires were a little flat. So, I decided to ride up to a nearby gas station to fill them up. There was already a car parked near the air machine when I pulled up. The driver saw me and walked over to me, hose in tow. He said that the air had already been paid for (it wasn't one of those free machines) and that I should fill up while the machine was still running. I proceeded to fill both tires up. I noticed that he was still standing there when it occurred to me that he may not have finished filling his tires, and he confirmed this when I asked him!

Imagine that, someone offering me air that they had paid for, even before he was done! What an encouraging show of generosity from a complete stranger.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?