Thursday, June 16, 2005

 

TRIATHLON CLINIC STARTED

I went to my first "Beginner's Triathlon" clinic yesterday. It was very encouraging to meet with others who've had little or no triathlon experience. Most, like me, share a common fear of swimming in the open water. I'm so glad that they are dedicating one night to this topic where we will swim in the lake with a wetsuit. It felt more like a support group than anything else! We concluded the evening by going for a 30 minute run along the boardwalk. Running by the water is much more enjoyable (sight-wise and breathing-wise) than the car/smog filled streets of North York!

I've also discovered that there is a community swimming pool in Mississauga that has "lane wave swim" - an indoor pool that simulates open water waves!! You will find me at the Terry Fox Memorials Aquatics Centre on Fridays from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?