Saturday, July 16, 2005

 

FINAL PRE-RACE PREP

Well, after months of physical training, adjusting nutrition and learning the basics of "triathlon-ing", the big day has finally come. Many times this week, I had wished that the race was here NOW, as the waiting was just exaggerating the excitement and anxiety I was feeling. I'm so grateful that so many members of my supporting community contacted me to wish me luck. I'm ready, and today I completed the final preparations:

- picked up my race kit, which included my bib - I'm racer # 1131
- carbo loaded my dinner: pasta, pasta, pasta!
- packed my bike
- packed all my gear and clothing (I'm always paranoid that I've forgotten something)
- set my alarm for 5 a.m.

I'm hoping to arrive at the race site by 6:45 a.m. so I can picked up my race chip (which is worn throughout the entire race around your ankle - it keeps track of your 'true' race time), get my body marked (they are going to write my race number and age category on my calves), get greased (so as not to chafe) and finally set up my transition area. Hopefully, I'll still have time to do some stretching and warming up. Boy, I'm getting a little nervous, so I hope that sleep comes soon!

Oh yeah, one more thing I did for pre-race prep:











Yup. Shaved these bad boys! (click on the picture only if you REALLY want to see an enlarged version!) Despite my best effort to use gobs and gobs of shaving cream AND purchasing lady's razors, I still managed to give myself a couple of nicks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?