Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

FINAL ENTRY

The flight back from New Zealand was pleasant. I had a moment of anxiety at LAX as I just made my flight back to Canada (gotta love the many layers of security at US airports)! And what a pleasant surprise to see Tammy and Clinton waiting for me when I got back!

Well, this concludes a remarkable journey for me in 2005. To try to summarize this trip in a few words just does not do it justice. Plus, I would love to share about my experiences in person! Some strong impressions about my trip down under:

- COMMUNITY - I'm reminded about my amazing community, friends and family members who take more than just an interest in what I do, particularly when it comes to caring for the world
- BEAUTY IN NATURE - in a country that is a quarter the size of the province of Ontario, I was taken back by its overwhelming natural beauty. Rolling pastures, attention-seeking peaks and clear waters are bountiful and hard to ignore.
- ISLAND WEATHER - it's all about extremes! Sure, it could get up to 20 degrees (Celsius) during the day time, but it's gets down to freezing during the nights. As well, it could be sunny and clear one moment and then pouring heavy rain the next. The key is to dress for all conditions.
- PASSIONATE PEOPLE - what an incredible experience to meet 13 other like minded people, all of whom come from various professional backgrounds and life journeys, but all of whom share a desire to heal the world. Although we had diverse personalities and dynamics, everyone gave 100% It's rare to see a group with that much dedication.

To wrap up this trip, I am hosting a post-trip dinner on Saturday August 27, 2005. As someone who has tracked with me, I would be honoured if you could join me so that I can share more about this trip. Here are the details:

Where: 14 Gatehead Rd.,North York,ON, CANADA
When: Saturday, August 27, 5:00pm
Phone: 416-302-0080
Map to the location:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=14+gatehead+road,+toronto,+on&spn=0.023899,0.058464&hl=en
(just email me at: duffshot@gmail.com if you're interested in coming and haven't received the evite)

Finally, thank you for supporting me. The support that I have received during my preparation, the thoughts and prayers while I was away, and certainly your interest as I have returned are invaluable to me. This trip to New Zealand will always be remembered as a collective journey.

Tim Chan
2005

Comments:
Welcome home Tim! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip and your experiences!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?