Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

THE NEXT HOUSE

Well, it seems that our progress has been favourable. We have started working on the next house. This time, a few members of my team and I were transported to a site located nearby our first build site. This new site is actually in the backyard of an existing house which has been sectioned off as a separate lot. We started to put the fence in, as well as lay the footings for the new building.

Meanwhile, back at the original house, the final touches are being applied. Both the interior and the exterior is being painted. Work on this house should be completed by tomorrow. The plan is then to 'transport' this house to the destination community. The local Habitat office will continue to work through the application process, and hopefully find a family to live in this house.

I am keeping well. Health wise I am doing fine and I am so grateful for the other hard core athletes that are on this team who have been keeping me motivated to continue staying active. They have been feeding us well and we have had many opportunities to mingle with the local community. I am starting to get used to the Kiwi accent as well as which way to look when crossing the street!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?